Mommy-of-2-to-be-day-out
Thanks to my wonderful husband, who made it possible for me to have my very first day out of the house today. No diaper changing, no laundry, no meal-making, no baby signing time videos, no dishes, no walking Nalu...just time to eat, shop, get a pedicure, and have great adult conversation. My 2 sisters were along for the ride. But, it felt pretty weird, I have to admit. Most of you know Landon and I alternate taking care of Leila to avoid daycare and I work out of my house part-time, so it's not very often that I leave the home, let alone drive our car! (We only have 1 now.) Of course, missed my girl and my hubby, but I loved my day out!
When I returned home, I felt so recharged, refreshed...I should take make time for more days out in the future...including days out with hubby so he can have the chance to recharge/refresh as well.
The sun was shining gloriously today, just like it always does after a pounding from the rain. The air seemed so clear and crisp, and from our house there's a great view of the snow on the mountains. Maybe when the girls get a little older, we'll be able to take them to the snow. I used to go with my family every year to visit the Donner/Truckee/Lake Tahoe area during the winter and have very fond memories of our times there.
We are having a baby shower for baby#2 tomorrow. Thank goodness the prediction for weather tomorrow is more sun!
When I returned home, I felt so recharged, refreshed...I should take make time for more days out in the future...including days out with hubby so he can have the chance to recharge/refresh as well.
The sun was shining gloriously today, just like it always does after a pounding from the rain. The air seemed so clear and crisp, and from our house there's a great view of the snow on the mountains. Maybe when the girls get a little older, we'll be able to take them to the snow. I used to go with my family every year to visit the Donner/Truckee/Lake Tahoe area during the winter and have very fond memories of our times there.
We are having a baby shower for baby#2 tomorrow. Thank goodness the prediction for weather tomorrow is more sun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home