the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Rain....finally

Well, the rain has FINALLY arrived. I thankfully sit next to a large window at work and I think it has rained consistently since about 10am this morning. No arguments here, though, from the gal whose house nearly burned to the ground and has been praying for rain since the fires....I just heard though that the residents of Modjeska and Silverado canyons, areas hit significantly by the fires, were evacuated today, this time because of RAIN! Those poor people...can't catch a break at all living out there...

Much more importantly, though, I would like to ask you all to pray for a dear friend of mine whose 37 week old baby boy was delivered stillborn this past weekend. She was a classmate of mine in nursing school. The strength of her faith has continually inspired mine and helped me through the toughest times of becoming a nurse. There will be a memorial this weekend at their home that Landon and I will attend.

The first thing she said to me once she told me was that God just took him straight to heaven…there are no right words to say, but I trust God is comforting her and her family at this time.

aloha
-e.m.y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home