Finally...no more CCM studying...
So I finally, finally, sat for the CCM (Certified Case Manager) exam today. It's a national exam, the passing of which (so I hear) will soon be required for all nurses working in the case management field. It is only administered 2x/year, in April, and October, and I had originally applied to sit for it this past April. Somehow the eligibility paperwork was screwed up and I had to wait until now to take it. Actually, it was supposed to be on October 27 but it was postponed because of the fires. I applied for the April 2007 exam over a year ago so, technically, I've been studying for this test for a year. A YEAR.
It's a 6 hour test, split into 2 sessions, 1 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. And, despite my year of studying, somehow, I'm not that confident about how I did. I'll say this, the test was harder than I expected and much of what I was tested on was NOT covered in the books or the prep class. This is a purely problem-solving / critical thinking test, for which memorization will do one no good. I went back after the exam and checked a few of the nagging questions I had in my mind against the study materials and Google, and I know there are some I just got flat out wrong, but at least there are some that I think I got right. The test is old school = SCANTRON and #2 pencil. And the only way one finds out how they did, is by receipt of a certification of passing in the mail 2 MONTHS after the test! Yikes! I don't know how I am going to wait that long. When I took the boards, I found out 3 days later that I had passed because it was available on the internet. Oh well, I'm just going to have to not think about it and hope for the best.
I am zonked. My brain is fried and my body is tired from hunching over a scantron in a tiny desk at San Diego State for 6 hours. Off to sleep.
Aloha,
miko
It's a 6 hour test, split into 2 sessions, 1 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. And, despite my year of studying, somehow, I'm not that confident about how I did. I'll say this, the test was harder than I expected and much of what I was tested on was NOT covered in the books or the prep class. This is a purely problem-solving / critical thinking test, for which memorization will do one no good. I went back after the exam and checked a few of the nagging questions I had in my mind against the study materials and Google, and I know there are some I just got flat out wrong, but at least there are some that I think I got right. The test is old school = SCANTRON and #2 pencil. And the only way one finds out how they did, is by receipt of a certification of passing in the mail 2 MONTHS after the test! Yikes! I don't know how I am going to wait that long. When I took the boards, I found out 3 days later that I had passed because it was available on the internet. Oh well, I'm just going to have to not think about it and hope for the best.
I am zonked. My brain is fried and my body is tired from hunching over a scantron in a tiny desk at San Diego State for 6 hours. Off to sleep.
Aloha,
miko

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home