the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Post-fire life

Despite the fact that the fires in our area are not officially out, the air is much clearer and the smoky smell has diminished...thank goodness. I attempted to clear some of the ash/soot from our outdoor patios this past weekend, only to find it will be a much bigger job that I realized. I barely made a dent in the mess. We'll have to do some major cleaning not just outdoors, but indoors too. The rugs, drapes, couches, etc...all have this sort of residue on them. Plus the Prius seats could use a good scrubbing too, as I can just smell hints of smokiness on them. I can't wait to get the remnants of these fires cleared from our home.

On a better note, the knee is improving. I'm still banned from running (you all can just imagine how great I feel about that) and I bet I'll be out of running for at least another month, but if that means I save my knee, and prevent any future complications, what other choice do I have?

I have tentative plans for next year's race season. I will probably do a half marathon in January, and one in February. Then, in March, I will tackle my first 1/2 Ironman in Oceanside. I'd love it if you guys came. You don't even have to get up early! It will take me at least 7 hours to finish, so you're looking at, oh, 3pm or so, to meet me at the finish line. Much better than 9 or 10 am, right?

A big thanks to all of you who have supported us through this frightening time with the fires in Orange County. Your constant love and support means so much to us.

If any of you are able to attend, our church, Saddleback, is honoring our firefighters at every service this weekend. 4:30 and 6:30 on Saturday, Nov 3; 9am, 11:15am, 4:30pm, and 6:30 pm Sunday, Nov 4th. If you can come let us know, we'd love to see you there!

Happy Halloween! (Nalu is a hot dog this year. I will upload the pix so you all can see. It's ADORABLE).

aloha
-'da Yoshidas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home