the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

38 weeks, 2 to go!

So my OB tells me the arrival of a second child is even harder to predict than the first. Great.

I'm so ready to have this baby.

Leila was almost 2 weeks late, but for some reason my OB thinks this baby will be on time or early. I have my doubts about that, since I don't feel anything close to what I'd call real labor, but who knows? It could happen! My OB is going to be out of town the week this baby is due so I'm hoping either she comes early or cooks a bit longer, like Leila did.

This time around, the baby is positioned much lower. The pressure from how low she is makes it feel like she is going to pop out of there any time. If you were to see me now, you'd probably agree that this pregnancy, as opposed to the last one, I am all baby up front, which has made it hard to bend over/reach my toes since week 28 or so. Most people tell me it looks like I shoved a big ball under my shirt. Last time I gained almost double the weight and pretty much carried it all over my body. I think the combination of: running during this pregnancy, chasing after Leila and Nalu, and lack of time to sit around and munch on whatever I felt like, has contributed to the decreased weight gain this pregnancy. That's good though: less to lose post-baby! At least I don't have to suffer through heartburn and shortness of breath, from a baby riding high in the belly. I have a super long torso, so I guess there's more room for her to stretch out. But, that doesn't mean I'm not consistently getting the kicking feet up in the ribs, or having my bladder used as a punching bag.

Some things I wasn't expecting this time around: those "fake" contractions that you get later in pregnancy? Not so fun. Actually, painful at times. Also:stretch marks: they don't really go away. Actually, now that I'm pregnant for a 2nd time, they look kind of scary. Anyone who says stretch marks are no big deal, or that they disappear once baby is here is just LYING! Oh, and I can't forget the back pain. Didn't have any of that last time, and this time it pops up so often, so randomly, and so intensely that it bring tears to my eyes....Ahh....the joys of pregnancy.

So unless my water somehow breaks, or I somehow start to have real contractions, I may very well be pregnant past my due date. That's OK though. I have some diapers for her, some clothes, and a place for her to sleep. That's it. Need a name, and to figure out how to fit 2 car seats in the car, and probably 10 other things I'm forgetting so it might not be so bad to run late again with this 2nd pregnancy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home