January 10, 2006




Mom turned 58 today. Can't believe it. Not because I think 58 is old...because it sure isn't. 60 is the new 30, and nursing has shown me that more and more every day. But, that means I'm going to be 28! Yikes! This year marks the big "10 years since high school" milestone. Do I even know what's going on as far as a reunion is concerned? Nope. But, I'd definitely be interested in it. I think I'll get in touch with the school, since I do know quite a few people who'd also be interested. I still get emails from people I've known since junior high or elementary school, and I do think it would be fun to catch up with everyone. 10 years seems like an incredibly long time, and even though it flew by, I must say I have changed quite a bit.
I hit the trails early this morning for my run. It was freezing cold outside and pretty dark until about 6:45am. I started back up with morning runs, because I just feel more energized throughout the day when I run in the morning, versus the afternoon/evening. Also, I've started training Nalu to run with me. We're up to about 15 minutes so far. If all goes well, the plan is to get him to accompany me on my entire run, which can be anywhere from 60-120 minutes. I have to admit though, I am so slow that he only has to be at a fast trot pace to match me. Most of the time he's pulling me along, looking back, as though to say, HURRY UP! At first all he did was stop every 5 feet, but now I think he's getting the idea. Our house is so small that I had to come up with more ways for him to get exercise, especially on those days that he's not at dog day care, or not at a puppy play date with friends. He's becoming quite the guard dog now, too, which helps since most often our runs together are at night, and he's especially wary of anyone coming near us at night. Not aggressive, just careful. However, he now feels free to let us know about anything and everything that is going on outside our house, especially at, oh, say 2am. He sleeps in our room in his crate, so there's been many a night lately when he's woken us up with his barking. Trying to get a handle on that, but at the same time, thankful for it, especially if there's ever a time when we need him to really let us know about something!
Still trying to swim twice a week, but it's been cold out and the gym pool is crowded with the New Years Resolution Newbies. Why is it that, without fail, the gym is packed all of January and the first part of February, and then mid/late February, it clears out? Every year I see it and I think, well, maybe it won't happen this year and then sure enough...I can get on a treadmill whenever I want!
Anyways, that's about it for now. More pics of Nalu here. Check them out. Also, a photo for you all of the big blue speed machine. Courtesy of my beautiful and wonderful mother Maureen, and Revo Cyclery in Dana Point, an EXCELLENT bike shop. You need any cycle stuff? See Darrin or Greg. They are fantastic.
Adios. -emy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home