The legs are back!
Today was my first day since St George, attempting to run. And it wasn't so bad. I'm at about 85-90% now, so I just did about 7 miles today. I can tell though, that the legs are still recovering. I can only hope I have enough gas in the tank and strength in the legs and spirit to make it those 13 miles in SF. From those that have run this race before, the SF hills make even the 1/2 marathon tougher than some marathons....so they say. Well, all I can say is that if the going gets tough, this girl is headed to the pedicure station. Word.
I am also in the process of studying to become a certified case manager. The test is a national test, administered only 2x/year. Eventually, it appears that is certification will become the gold standard for nurses who work in case management. So, while I am kid-less, and have some sort of time on my hands, figured I better take care of this now. The test is 6 hours long, and is a paper test! #2 pencils! Yikes! It's like being back in school...It is hard to fit in the studying along with being a wife, doggie mom, triathlete, and full-time nurse. But, I am putting in as many study hours as I can, and I continue to pray for the best outcome.
SO glad it is Wednesday already.
Aloha -
e.m.y
I am also in the process of studying to become a certified case manager. The test is a national test, administered only 2x/year. Eventually, it appears that is certification will become the gold standard for nurses who work in case management. So, while I am kid-less, and have some sort of time on my hands, figured I better take care of this now. The test is 6 hours long, and is a paper test! #2 pencils! Yikes! It's like being back in school...It is hard to fit in the studying along with being a wife, doggie mom, triathlete, and full-time nurse. But, I am putting in as many study hours as I can, and I continue to pray for the best outcome.
SO glad it is Wednesday already.
Aloha -
e.m.y

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home