the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, December 07, 2007

The holiday season...

So, I have this nifty “countdown to Christmas” Santa that someone gave me a few years back. Today it showed that there are only 18 days until Christmas. WOW. I feel like it was just Halloween and I was hoping Nalu wouldn’t tear his hot dog costume apart until I’d had the chance to show him off.

I actually did most of my shopping online this year. It’s worked pretty well, considering that I only have 2 more gifts to buy. We will be making the trip to see my parents via car, so that will give me plenty of room to fit all of the family presents, our luggage, and Nalu.

I love Christmas. Of course, it is the birth of our Savior, and that is the ultimate reason to celebrate, but I love seeing houses lit up with twinkling lights, decorating our own house, hearing Christmas music, receiving Christmas photos and letters, buying gifts for those I love, and of course, holiday parties! Tomorrow is my company’s big annual party. I am very excited. Those of you who know me, know I rarely get dressed up, rarely wear my hair in anything other than a ponytail, and am not one for fancy schmancy gatherings…so I bet it will be a complete shock to Landon to see me break out the good makeup and the flat iron. The company springs for a full bar, a mini-casino, and an extravagant raffle complete with prizes such as plasma TVs and around-the-world trip vouchers. Personally, I’m pulling for the free voucher for the day spa. Let’s just say, it’s one fun event, and we are looking forward to it.

I WILL send out my Christmas cards this weekend. I ordered them early to get a head start on the season and they’ve just been sitting on my counter. Be on the lookout for yours. =0)

Aloha
-miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home