the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

January 19, 2006

Hey all, so, I went for my very first bike-run of the season last weekend, just as a practice session, with a friend, and it was fantastic! Sure, I had some pretty sore muscles the following day, but for sure, it was not as bad as it was last year on my very first bike-run outing. The weather was beautiful, crisp and clear, and just awesome! We rode for about 90 minutes, and then did about 45 minutes of running in the hills. And let me tell you, what a difference to (finally) be on a road bike, instead of a mountain bike! Loved it! It was such a refreshing feeling to be out there again, and I was pleased to see how many others were also out getting exercise. We encountered a couple of people horseback riding, some nature hikers, and some high school cross country kiddos, who I swear could probably run forever. I was not born a runner, and probably won’t ever be as fast as them, but at least I can get through the run portion of the tri. That’s all I need, right? =)

I’ve been preparing my training partner for the new TNT season, and I think he’s just about ready to get going. A nice, lean 50 lbs, 4 furry legs, and enough energy to run 10 marathons in a row….yep, my Lab (slash Border Collie, we’re pretty sure), at barely 8 months old, can run like the wind (stopping only at traffic lights) for up to 70-80 minutes now. When I’m finished with the run, I just want a hot shower and a massage. Nalu? Still bouncing around the house wanting to go for more! We were really getting desperate for a while, trying to find ways to prevent our property from falling victim to his destructive puppy curiosity and endless energy, and since we can only afford the dog day care twice a week, this has become a fabulous solution for us. I’m definitely looking forward to more opportunities to work out with him, and maybe to even get Landon to come along with us! That’s about it for now. Ciao folks. -emy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home