Landon is 29!


Friday! Hooray! Landon turned 29 yesterday. It’s so interesting how different birthdays are for me versus him. Me, I’m usually pretty excited about birthdays. My family made every single birthday special for me, and did so for each of us daughters, which made for some wonderful memories that I will always cherish. Thus, I’ve taken those special Kamei traditions into the Yoshida fam. Yet lately, though, these last few birthdays haven’t been that fantastic because the number just keeps climbing and wouldn’t you know it, I’m about to hit 30 in, oh, 7 months. My plan for birthday #30 is to run and hide so I don’t have to face it. Maybe Landon will take me on a destination vacation. Actually, the plan was to do an Ironman, so I guess, with the hours I would be putting in for that event, I wouldn’t have much time to think about being 30, would I? Sigh…..
Anyways, back to Landon. Turns out, that on all the days for this to happen, he got called to jury duty yesterday. So he spent 8 hours of his birthday in a courtroom in Newport Beach. Luckily he had his portable DVD player and laptop, but still, come on. So for his birthday and brace yourselves here, because I am being totally honest, I made dinner. And did my hair. Seriously. No joke. If any of you reading this REALLY know me, you know those 2 are very, very rare in my life. Landon is the cook and putting hair into a ponytail is the way I wear my hair 99% of the time. But this was a special day. I even have a photo to prove that I did my hair. (see above). For his birthday I also framed one of our favorite pix (also above) and caved and bought him a video game. He hasn’t played video games since before we married, but the recent move of 2 very good friends, back down to the OC has brought about a renewed passion for video games. Unfortunately. He has been renting this MLB 2007 game from Blockbuster and has played it every single night, until the wee hours of the morning…but it appears to be a great stress relief for him, and since the stress level in his life has been very high lately, I had to get it.
So the birthday is actually continuing into the weekend, as we will be hosting a big shindig at the Yoshida pad tomorrow night to celebrate Landon’s big 2-9. There will be much food and drink at this shindig. It will be a good night for all, and we may possibly have to break out the aero beds, sleeping bags, and pillows, depending on how fun it gets. I may need all of Sunday to recover, so until then, adios.
-e.m.y

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home