the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th....ooh

I can't even remember when the last Friday the 13th was....I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until my supervisor pointed it out...I was thinking more about how I can't believe it's the middle of April already. Pretty soon it will be summer...and that means = MAUI!

I almost want race day to be here now, because I'm so excited about returning to Maui again, but then again it will be nice to get a few more weeks of training in before the big day. The other half of our team is headed to the Wildflower triathlon at Lake San Antonio the first weekend of May, so they have almost a full month less than us to train...and that course is well-known for being one of the most difficult ones out there. I would take a shot at that course, but, (and those who know me well will verify this, but will still ridicule me) I do not camp. I like to sleep safe distances from bugs, in warm cozy sheets, with a nice clean shower at arm's distance. Now, as you can imagine, this does not go over well with a husband who's an Eagle Scout, but so far after 3+ years of marriage I've been able to avoid camping excursions and have thus far been able to distract Landon with trips to Hawaii and cruises to Mexico.

Training is going well. We've added more ocean swims in to the schedule, so I am getting my fill of the very cold Pacific Ocean. Believe me, I can't wait to hit the beaches in Hawaii! The worst part about swimming around here is getting in, and lifting up the collar part of the wetsuit to let the icy waters in...of course I have to...principle of wetsuit use...but still. I remember in Pacific Grove being so cold when I first did this, a few minutes before my wave went off, I literally could not move...I know, you're asking, why do I do what I do???

Anyways, you all have a fabulous week and continue to keep us in your prayers. We are training hard and making a difference in this world!

GO TEAM!
-Miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home