the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter!!!

This week has flown by! I don't know if it's because work has been really busy, or if it's because I was out 1 day this week for jury duty...but in any case, I'm not complaining. =0)

It was actually my very first time being called for jury duty and I have to say, I learned quite a bit in that one day I was there at the Santa Ana courthouse. I wasn't called to serve on a jury but still, I must say, the county court system does make every effort to accommodate those called to serve jury duty. Not only is there plenty of seating (and comfortable seats at that!) but there are individual cubicles with free wireless access for those business folks who must stay connected to work life, or those who just want to pass the time browsing the web. There's also a great cafeteria, a library with books and magazines, and even quiet rooms to take naps in! And believe me there is quite a good amount of time to pass. I was there all day before they decided to send me home. Let's just say it worked out for the best: the defendant was accused of a crime that I actually had been a victim of. Needless to say, they didn't want me on that jury.

Anyways, I'm still training hard, ready to hit the peak probably at the end of this month or the beginning of May, before we start the taper into June. Even though the training is grueling at times, I think my body has actually grown accustomed to the level of activity. I find myself not tiring anymore at the levels of intensity that used to wipe me out. Whether running or biking, and actually even swimming, I think I've plateaued somewhat, so I've been trying to challenge myself and keep the fun in the activity...you know, mix stuff up...the second I feel bored, or it's no longer fun, I'm done. But, don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward more to my mai tai and my relaxation time on the beautiful beaches of Maui, rather than racing for 3 hours in 90 degree weather.

So you all have a wonderful Easter, and keep checking back with this blog...more updates to come!

GO TEAM!
-Miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home