4 days to go...
I can hardly believe the marathon is almost here, let alone, that October is already here. I bought Nalu a Halloween costume again this year. Last year he was a chicken. This year = even better. He will be a hot dog. You have to see this costume. Target's pet costumes rock. Pix are coming, oh, don't you worry. Landon did not like the chicken costume last year, and he's not a fan of this one either, but I think I can get him to change his mind....once he sees our adorable baby in that costume, he can't help but smile...
We depart Thursday for St George, Utah. The race starts at 6:45 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 6. However, I have to board a bus to the top of the mountain sometime between 4 and 5am. So you can only imagine how early I will have to be in bed Friday. I am nervous, as I usually am before a race, although I have no idea why I get nervous before races. I'm no elite athlete. It's not like I am going to win any of these races. I guess I just worry something will go wrong. I have trained so hard for so long, it would be so sad to not be able to race. Training for a marathon is harder than training for a tri, I think. But, things are always in God's hands and I never forget that. At least the race is downhill and my aunt reports the weather has been great...I will get you all a race report when I get back. It's been hard to manage training, with studying for my case management certification, and doing a major project at work that requires extra hours...I will be taking most of November off from tri training (whew) but then it's right back to the tri training come December, as I start preparing for the Oceanside half-Ironman in March 2008.
So, if you all could pray for me and for my fellow runners, as we embark on an amazing 26.2 mile journey that we've prepared so hard for, for strong legs, a strong heart, and a strong spirit...
Aloha -
e.m.y
We depart Thursday for St George, Utah. The race starts at 6:45 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 6. However, I have to board a bus to the top of the mountain sometime between 4 and 5am. So you can only imagine how early I will have to be in bed Friday. I am nervous, as I usually am before a race, although I have no idea why I get nervous before races. I'm no elite athlete. It's not like I am going to win any of these races. I guess I just worry something will go wrong. I have trained so hard for so long, it would be so sad to not be able to race. Training for a marathon is harder than training for a tri, I think. But, things are always in God's hands and I never forget that. At least the race is downhill and my aunt reports the weather has been great...I will get you all a race report when I get back. It's been hard to manage training, with studying for my case management certification, and doing a major project at work that requires extra hours...I will be taking most of November off from tri training (whew) but then it's right back to the tri training come December, as I start preparing for the Oceanside half-Ironman in March 2008.
So, if you all could pray for me and for my fellow runners, as we embark on an amazing 26.2 mile journey that we've prepared so hard for, for strong legs, a strong heart, and a strong spirit...
Aloha -
e.m.y

2 Comments:
At 10:54 PM ,
Phil said...
You are going to do awesome! Have a fun time!
At 5:54 PM ,
atleeblog said...
i almost got Evey a hotdog costume from Old Navy! Instead she will be a ladybug:)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home