Whew…what a weekend!


The holiday party was fantastic! I posted some pics here for you all to see. I got Landon on the dance floor for 10 whole minutes! One for the record books!
On Sunday, a friend and I hit up Knott’s Berry Farm. I hadn’t been there since high school, and it sure has changed. It was a nice day to be there. The weather was great and it was Toys for Tots day so, with the purchase of a toy valued $10 or more, one gains free entry to the park. Yay Marines!
I love roller coasters. I always have. Landon’s not
such a fan, so I usually don’t get to ride them but this time, I took full advantage of the fact that my friend is all for roller coasters. We did get to ride a few there, but one in particular was the highlight of the day. It’s called the X-celerator and let me tell you, I feared for my life, for just a few seconds of that ride. I went and looked up the specs on the internet: I had to know. So it goes from 0 to 82 mph in 2.3 seconds. And that’s how the ride starts. Right from the get-go you are essentially catapulted forward up 20 stories, only to fall straight down those same 20 stories. In all the ride was 23 seconds long, but it was for sure the most exciting 23 seconds I’ve experienced in a long time. I put a picture here so you all can see just how tall that first loop is.
We also got to see Snoopy on Ice…loved it. I'm a kid a heart, what can I say? Those ice skaters in that show are GREAT! All I can say is WOW.
That was enough roller-coaster riding to last me a while. I was so exhausted from the day trip that I fell asleep at 8pm, a rare event for me. Hope you all had a great weekend…
Aloha
-miko
such a fan, so I usually don’t get to ride them but this time, I took full advantage of the fact that my friend is all for roller coasters. We did get to ride a few there, but one in particular was the highlight of the day. It’s called the X-celerator and let me tell you, I feared for my life, for just a few seconds of that ride. I went and looked up the specs on the internet: I had to know. So it goes from 0 to 82 mph in 2.3 seconds. And that’s how the ride starts. Right from the get-go you are essentially catapulted forward up 20 stories, only to fall straight down those same 20 stories. In all the ride was 23 seconds long, but it was for sure the most exciting 23 seconds I’ve experienced in a long time. I put a picture here so you all can see just how tall that first loop is.We also got to see Snoopy on Ice…loved it. I'm a kid a heart, what can I say? Those ice skaters in that show are GREAT! All I can say is WOW.
That was enough roller-coaster riding to last me a while. I was so exhausted from the day trip that I fell asleep at 8pm, a rare event for me. Hope you all had a great weekend…
Aloha
-miko


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home