the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

35 weeks!

I can hardly believe I am already at 35 weeks. Recently, I found my way back to my old hobby of scrapbooking, and as I’m at home putting together the scrapbook for the baby, I can’t help but think how fast time has gone. I look at the photos from when I was just 8 weeks along, or even from 16 weeks along, and what seemed big then, definitely would pale in comparison now! Also, it has taken me a few days and a few comments from coworkers to realize she has dropped in position, big time. I guess I didn’t realize it at first because my whole tummy just seems huge, no matter where in there she is, and when I glance at myself in the mirror, I just see one big ball of a tummy. Seriously, it’s amazing how people that see me every day that have had babies can tell what position she is in just by looking at me. I’m happy she’s dropped already, because now I’m not having the shortness of breath issue and I don’t have to split up my meals into 3 parts anymore. Things don’t feel as squished in my stomach area anymore, but unfortunately, I’ve swapped that for having to pee even more now that she is camping out on my bladder. Fun times.

We have a baby shower coming up on Sep 6, which we’re very excited about. This one will be a time to share with our family and friends in Southern California, as we had our chance with those in Northern California already. My sisters and friends have been hard at work coordinating this effort, which I truly appreciate so very much.

Speaking of the scrapbook, though, I got through most of what I wanted to have done for the baby’s scrapbook, and have turned my attention back to my wedding album, which has just taken so long for me to do. I first started it right after we got married (2004), and lasted only a few months before shoving most of the supplies into storage. We have so many wonderful shots from that day, that I have a hard time excluding any of them, which is probably why it’s taken me so long to finish it. But, I finally finished the ceremony last night. I have almost 40 pages in the wedding scrapbook. Still haven’t even reached the reception photos yet, let alone the honeymoon! And we have been married almost 5 years...Have I told you guys Landon took 600 photos on the honeymoon? I'm predicting another 5 years until I get through that portion. My in-laws so graciously purchased a high-tech camera for us when we got married and that was Landon’s first go-round with the new toy. Let’s just say I’ve got some organizing and “weeding through” to do.

We finished up our childbirth education classes this week. I was really impressed with the classes, and I think Landon got quite a bit out of it. He wasn’t totally prepared for the graphic vaginal birth and cesarean section birth videos, but he survived. I’m personally in favor of showing those, because though graphic, they’re very realistic and he now has a better sense of what to expect when it comes time for me to deliver our daughter. We are delivering at the same hospital where I used to be an OB nurse, so everything is familiar to me and much of the staff is still the same, so that will make the delivery that much easier.

Nalu and I are in the midst of a doggie obedience class, and I have to say, he is doing much better this time around than the other 2 classes we took together. I think they passed him in his previous classes because they felt sorry for us. They didn’t want us to be the only ones who didn’t pass, I think. This time though, he’s much older and seems to be paying attention more. Plus, the class takes place right in the middle of a busy park, so there’s tons of distraction around from kids on skateboards, racquetball players, basketball players, other dogs, etc., which makes for great training. He doesn’t do so well with distraction, so now that I can practice in an area like that, I think we’ll have better outcomes. It is going to be me, him and baby at home once Landon goes back to work, so we gotta get this right. All else fails, I’ll call the Dog Whisperer.

Happy Labor Day to you all….enjoy the long weekend!
-miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home