the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Baby girl!


It’s a girl…

Here’s the latest ultrasound picture. Our baby girl appears to be doing very well, from what the doctors tell us. She is very low in her mom’s belly though, kicking mom lower and harder than ever before. This is the first week I really felt her move. Before, I think she was moving, I just didn’t realize it. Last night, Landon got to feel her move for the first time. It’s tricky catching it, because she only moves at certain times in the day, and just a few moves at a time. But last night she gave Dad a good strong kick and he was so thrilled to feel it. Landon is so happy also that it is a girl. As many of you know, that is what he wanted all along, ever since we first talked about having children years ago. He gets to name her. That was the deal. If it was a boy, I’d get to name him. He’s got some good names in mind, but we both agree we’ll save them for the moment we first see her sweet face. At that time we’ll know exactly just which name she should get. I am certain of that.

My hubby has been taking very good care of me and I am letting him, reluctantly. Most of you who know me well, know I’m an on-the-go kind of gal, never really able to sit still, and always wanting to be active, moving, working out…but I’m now realizing the limitations pregnancy is imposing, and of course, baby’s health and well-being takes priority so it’s been a pride-swallowing, humble time for me, as I accept that, no I can’t really do all the things I used to do, nor should I want to. I am able to let Landon do more things for me, and able to let people help me more, because I sure do need it. And I will continue to need it once she is born. My mother has so kindly offered to live near us for a while when she is born, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am. Landon will have to return to work shortly after she is born and it will be hard to manage a new baby all by myself.

I can hardly believe it is June already. We are taking a trip to visit my family for Father’s Day, and will soon be traveling to Seattle to celebrate a very special friend’s wedding. But, after that, I think it will be limited travel for this pregnant gal. We’re saving Hawaii for after she’s born. I’m finding it harder to walk now, and my gait has changed so much since becoming pregnant. I won’t say I’m doing the pregnant waddle yet, but it’s something akin to that. I have lost sight of my toes, officially, as well. But, to be honest, the Lord is truly watching over me during this pregnancy and I am doing very well, all things considered. I count my blessings every day, especially since I am a perinatal nurse by trade and am used to hearing the worst case scenarios when it comes to pregnancy. Thankfully, I never had morning sickness, and though fatigued now, it’s not enough to keep me down, and I’m still able to work to help contribute to the family income. I still exercise daily, and though I miss running terribly, I’m still able to participate in spinning classes, yoga, swimming, and of course, walks with Nalu. He’s not getting the running exercise he used to get, but at least he’s getting some good walks. Plus, now that he just turned 3, we’re seeing a more mature side of him. One that is much more compatible with the arrival of a baby. He gets something’s up though. Dogs are smarter than we realize. He sniffs the belly more, and appears to be very protective of me now, something he never really was before. I am on the lookout for a good jogging stroller and as soon as I’m able to, I’m strapping baby in, getting Nalu’s leash hooked on, and we’ll be off!

We’re more than halfway to meeting baby….and are so excited…
-Landon, Miko, Nalu, and baby Yosh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home