the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Monday, July 19, 2010

HOT HOT HOT!!!

The temps have soared to 100+ where we live. Humidity is up too! Reminds me of Hawaii...

I'm learning fast what spots to hit in the OC that are kid friendly and air-conditioned =0).

Leila is 21 months and exploring her world in so many ways. It is so incredible...that process of how children learn, and how quickly they pick up things...

Linley is 5 months and is rolling all over the place. She can sit up with help and started eating rice/oatmeal cereal. Soon we'll start vegetables and fruits. I have her in the same high chair Leila was in. Makes me a bit sad feeling like it was only yesterday I had Leila in that chair feeding her the first bites of solid food.

I am noticing the 2 girls interacting more. Linley is more alert and aware of what Leila is doing, and Leila is now starting to point out to me what Linley is doing, wearing, eating, etc. I do hope they'll be close as they grow up, rather than spend most of their time fighting over things. I admit I worry about that, since they are so close in age. I wonder if I'll have to start getting 2 of everything soon or if they'll prefer totally different things....it will be interesting to see what happens.

I've gotten to the point where I'm able to go out by myself for runs. Usually it's weekend mornings, because Linley is still getting up at 5am and there's no way I'm going to go run before 5am. So my hubby, bless his heart, wakes up to take care of Linley on weekend mornings, then goes back to bed when she takes her nap. Feels like I am almost back to my "normal self. I knew about the tremendous changes pregnancy and the postpartum period entail, but I never knew how difficult it would be to recover and adapt to all that...physically, emotionally, etc...when I get outside and run I feel like, well, me again. It's my release, my time with the Lord, my time for just me...listening to the sounds of nature, my own rhythmic breathing, my feet hitting the trail...incredible. I never thought I'd get out by myself again to run, especially with 2 kids now, and now that I can, I couldn't be more grateful. I think too having that time to myself makes me a better mom to my 2 girls. It refreshes me. Rejuvenates me. Energizes me. I love it!

July is almost over. Yikes! My in-laws will be visiting soon. My mother-in-law has not yet met Linley yet so we are very excited to have them here.

Stay cool!

-miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home