the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things are looking up...

Linley has started to sleep wonderfully. Landon and I are now getting more sleep and feel like brand new people! I don't really know magic button was pressed, but the Lord sure blessed us with a baby who now likes to sleep at night and take naps during the day. She is now 15 pounds and 24 inches long. Her sweet baby rolls are just adorable, huge as they are. She is now at that stage where she coos, gurgles, and smiles when she sees Landon, Leila, or I. I love to spend time during the day just looking at her and talking to her. She is already holding up her head well and loves tummy time. Amazing how different the 2 girls are but how fun it is to experience it all.

Leila is just so fun to be around. At 19 months, she is just so active and I love to see how much her little mind soaks in all the world has to offer to a child at this age. She started Gymboree classes 1 day a week and seems to really enjoy all the obstacle courses and games that they have. The teacher is a gifted singer too, which Leila seems to respond well to. I am no singer, trust me, but I sang songs to Leila from day one, and still do every single day, which is probably why Leila loves when anyone sings to her! Her 2 favorites have always been the Winnie The Pooh song and You Are My Sunshine.

Perhaps the biggest concern I had about Leila, when I discovered I was pregnant with Linley, was how I'd balance my time between both of their needs, and how I could prevent Leila feeling neglected in any way. Thankfully, I don't sense any excessive neediness nor feelings of neglect in Leila, and in fact, have indeed discovered ways to balance my time between the two of them each day. Sure, it feels like I need more hands and legs to do the job at times, but I think learning how to raise 2 small kids just comes with time, like any other difficult skill one attempts to master. There's no guide or manual, you just do what you can with what you've been given and take things one day at a time. Weekends are the best for Leila and I since Landon is home and he often watches Linley so I can go do things with Leila. This past weekend we went swimming, shopping, and played at a couple of local parks. She now goes down the slides at the park on her own, which I am so proud of her for. She's pretty hesitant when it comes to new things and likes to hang back and check things out...sort of sizing up things to see if it's something she can or wants to tackle, as opposed to diving right in. She's like that with new people/faces also. Once she gets the feel that the person is OK by her parents, they're OK by her too. =0)

May is almost here!

-miko

1 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Jen & Michael said...

    Hi Miko and Landon! I hope you are both doing well. I keep checking back to see your blog but you haven't updated it in while...not that you are busy or anything! Ha! I'm sure the girls are keeping you busy as can be. Are you still running? Thanks again for the book. I'm almost done with it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home