the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

January 31, 2006

So, I’m gearing up for the start of the season, and I’m getting all my fundraising info in order. Be on the lookout for my emails and mailings about my fundraising campaign. I’m aiming for $7500 this year, and I know I can make it!

I’ve gotten the last few kinks out of the bike, and it’s now running smooth. Took it out last week a few times, once for about 30 miles into Santiago Canyon. It was early morning…cold but crisp and beautiful. Almost breathtaking. Once you get deep into the canyon you come across immense mansions and beautiful ranches that I can only dream about owning one day. Most of them are set away from the road and gated, so it seems one wouldn’t have to worry about privacy. Like nosy bikers wanting to check out their landscape. =)

Not such good luck with the running so far. Bought some Saucony Hurricanes and after only about 70 or 80 miles, a hole tore in the back of the shoe. I’m definitely sending those back to them and hoping they’ll get me a new pair ASAP. I was loving how they fit too…too bad. I’ve been through so many pairs of shoes now…I should just find one I really like and buy 10 pairs of them.

Nalu is now leading me on about 50% of our run route together. Certain parts he knows by heart already, so instead of me having to give him commands about where to turn and when, he is doing it on his own. He got a massive haircut last week, unintentionally, so maybe he’s got less resistance to the wind…which I guess would help explain why it’s now him tugging me down the street, instead of me yanking at him, trying to get him to stop eating the horse poop on the trails. Although, really, I think it’s just that he’s more comfortable now, which makes him now, even more, think he’s alpha male and therefore in charge of me and where I go….still a stinker, but adorable as ever, especially with the haircut. Too many people have commented on how they think he is a female puppy. Not good.

Anyways, be on the lookout for my info…

Ciao!
-emy

1 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger SEY said...

    I love this blog... it's the best I've ever seen! Good luck, ironwoman!

    Love, Simon & Carrie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home