The sickness is gone! Praise God. I thought I was going to pass out at more than one time last week. Truth be told, I had one of my best runs ever last Saturday. 22 miles. Solid. Felt great when I finished. Hadn’t eaten much that week but somehow managed to pull it off. Who knows? If you ask my dad he’ll say that’s true to Miko-form, for I never played basketball or volleyball any better than those days I was ill. So he says.
We’re due to depart for NYC in 2 days. Very excited, but I am certain that Landon is more excited. This is the trip he has been waiting for: the US Open! Mucho tennis…autographs….great pic ops…what could be better? When we first started dating, I had little knowledge of tennis, but I can now say that I do not mind sitting down and watching a match on TV with him. I’ve even gone to a couple of smaller events with him and have taken lessons myself. I have great respect for this sport, and in my opinion, it’s not as easy as it looks. There’s so much to remember when you play that I can hardly keep track. But I give it my best shot when I’m out there playing with him. He makes it look easy. And, he keeps his mouth shut when the majority of my returns are either over his head or into the net. Yes, a great husband. Sure he can take me on the tennis court, but I can out-swim, bike, or run him any day. =0) So we’ll hit up the US Open, and play around in NYC for a couple of days, then hit up Jersey and Philly. Landon already has the food places mapped out. I think we’d need a whole month in NY to make it to all the food places on that list. Good thing we have fam and friends who are NYC-savvy. I am so a West Coast girl. I am pretty excited about the Broadway shows. I have only seen Phantom and Mamma Mia in my lifetime, and I think we might be able to squeeze in 3 shows, if we can.
Stay tuned for pix and a NYC update.
Au revoir,
-e.m.y
We’re due to depart for NYC in 2 days. Very excited, but I am certain that Landon is more excited. This is the trip he has been waiting for: the US Open! Mucho tennis…autographs….great pic ops…what could be better? When we first started dating, I had little knowledge of tennis, but I can now say that I do not mind sitting down and watching a match on TV with him. I’ve even gone to a couple of smaller events with him and have taken lessons myself. I have great respect for this sport, and in my opinion, it’s not as easy as it looks. There’s so much to remember when you play that I can hardly keep track. But I give it my best shot when I’m out there playing with him. He makes it look easy. And, he keeps his mouth shut when the majority of my returns are either over his head or into the net. Yes, a great husband. Sure he can take me on the tennis court, but I can out-swim, bike, or run him any day. =0) So we’ll hit up the US Open, and play around in NYC for a couple of days, then hit up Jersey and Philly. Landon already has the food places mapped out. I think we’d need a whole month in NY to make it to all the food places on that list. Good thing we have fam and friends who are NYC-savvy. I am so a West Coast girl. I am pretty excited about the Broadway shows. I have only seen Phantom and Mamma Mia in my lifetime, and I think we might be able to squeeze in 3 shows, if we can.
Stay tuned for pix and a NYC update.
Au revoir,
-e.m.y

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home