the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, September 21, 2007

RAIN....

It poured yesterday morning, then was beautifully sunny for the rest of the day. Today, it's been beautifully sunny the entire day, and it now looks like it is going to rain. I'm still amazed how, here in Southern California, you can get pouring rain, and beautiful clear, sunny skies, all within the span of, maybe 5-6 hours. Not bad.

SOOOO glad it is Friday. Busy weekend coming up, but most importantly, Sunday 9/23 is the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Newport Beach. My company, Monarch HealthCare (www.monarchhealthcare.com) is sponsoring the event and many of my fellow nurses and physicians will be out there walking (or running) with our company team. Landon and I will be there, to honor those who have or are currently suffering at the hands of this disease. My grandma and great-grandma both passed away from this disease as well as several past colleagues and friends, so this is an important cause for us. You females out there = the breast self exam. Do it. If you don't know it, learn it ASAP. Our pediatric medical director is a runner and thinks I'm somehow going to race him come Sunday, but I told him I was happy to have a day off from training, and planned to walk the event with Landon...and Nalu, if they let him come.

Oh, and we're also heading to Angel Stadium to see our beloved Angels clinch the AL West. Let's hope there's no rain...

So you all have a great weekend....oh, and GO TROJANS! Washington State 5pm. Tomorrow. Fight on!

-e.m.y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home