the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hoagies and Steaks

I grew up watching the Cosby Show, and one of my memories of Dr. Huxtable, is that he loved hoagies. He would typically have a hoagie with a big glass of orange soda. I thought this was the greatest sandwich, and if i ever had one, it would be heavenly. Well, after trying one in Philly, (from Primo's) I am convinced this is just a glorified sub sandwich, the only difference being that there is much more meat in a hoagie. Here's a pic...

I apologize for the bite that I have taken out of it. Simon told me that you must order fresh mozzerella cheese balls and stuff them into the sandwich. That was a great suggestion! So all in all, i still maintain that it is a glorified Subway sandwich. If anyone is from Philly and feels differently, please convince me otherwise.

Steaks! Finally, on our 2nd night in Philly, I got to try an authentic Philly cheesesteak. Not one of those lousy wannabes from Phillys Best. We in SoCal are so deprived. Anyhow, we decided not to hit the tourist spots (Pat's and Geno's) and instead went to a neighborhood shop called Dellasondro's. What a winner. I had a Provolone Steak. I made the mistake of ordering without saying i wanted onions or peppers. I found out afterwards that I should have said, "Provolone Steak WITH ONIONS and PEPPERS". Carrie scolded Simon for not teaching me the proper ways, but no worries, it was still fabulous. Here's a pic to show you size and scale.
The one with peppers is NOT MINE...thanks for letting me make the rookie mistake Simon! :)
-Landon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home