Simon and Carrie in Philly
First of all, many thanks to our great friends Simon and Carrie. Many of you may remember them from our bbqs at the house. The greatest neighbors from 2 doors down. (<------A pic of their sendoff party in OC) Simon and Carrie picked us up from the train station, housed us, and took us on a whirlwind 1-day tour of Philadelphia! Here is how it started. We got to Philly's Penn Station on Labor Day evening. Carrie and Simon were waiting for us at the station...my first impressions of Philly was that their train station is really amazing...and they have a Dunkin Donuts in the terminal! (Dunkin is huge on the east coast) We got back to Simon and Carrie's place, which is close to Temple University, where Carrie is finishing up her program for Orthodontics. 
Behind their apartment is the Wissahickon Creek/Stream. Simon told us that it eventually becomes the Schuylkill River. This is the body of water that sits behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art. (Rocky fans?)

Miko went running the two mornings that we were in Philly. Every morning and evening it is a popular spot for locals to get some exercise. I even jogged for 15 minutes. It actually felt really nice to run along the creek, distracted me from the pain my legs were feeling. I think I only ran 1.5 miles. (that would have been a terrible time for Punahou P.E. class)
-Landon

1 Comments:
At 4:33 PM ,
SEY said...
I like this Simon guy... he seems like someone I would love to beat up.
Great posts, buddy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home