the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Age is only a number...

Well, folks, it is approaching. The 9th anniversary of my 21st birthday will soon be here. Sure, some choose to call it a 30th birthday, but I’d rather not. Been doing some thinking lately about the new age I will reach come 3/25/08 and I’d have to say I have mixed feelings about it. I work in health care, of course, so when you talk about age with people at work it’s “oh 60 is the new 40” and “40 is the new 20”, etc etc etc…Whatever. They’re just saying that to make me feel better. Do I really want to be out of my 20s already? What happened to college? I graduated 8 YEARS AGO from UC Davis. 8 years! I cannot believe that. Landon and I will have been together 9 years, and married for 4 of those 9, come next month. That also is pretty crazy to think about. Everyone has been asking me what I plan to do to celebrate the 9th anniversary of my 21st birthday. I thought about traveling, going to Europe or to the Caribbean…but we are making 2 trips to Hawaii this year plus a big trip to Seattle for a wedding, so the funds are limited. Not sure at this point what I’m exactly going to do, but I definitely don’t want any big party. Just something small. In a way, I guess, I’d rather just skip straight to 31. Bypass it entirely. Oh well, if any of you have any suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

The way I see it, I’ll just keep racing until the body can no longer do so. And that could be an awfully long time from now….hooray!

Happy Friday
-miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home