the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Monday, February 04, 2008

4 years already....

Hi folks-

Well, here we are in February already...can't believe it! The 14th of this month will mark 9 years together, 4 of them married, for the Yoshidas. Yikes! It feels like only yesterday that I married this wonderful man. We are traveling to Hawaii this month to see my in-laws and spent some quality time with them. We rarely get to see them at the holidays because of our schedules and the prohibitive costs to fly there, so we're considering this our holiday, part 2. I am very excited. I can't wait to get into the warm Hawaii ocean. I love that part of being in Hawaii.

I ran the Surf City 1/2 marathon yesterday. It poured like crazy and the winds made the sideways rain miserably difficult to manage. If I hadn't paid $50 to run that race, I'd have been home in my bed warm, cozy and comfortably asleep. I bet everyone else felt that way because there were TONS of people there. The race director said there were 15,000 registered and I have no doubt that's how many people I saw out there right alongside in ponchos, carrying umbrellas, and wearing plastic garbage bags as jackets. There was a full marathon also. I am SO thankful that the marathons I've run have been in good weather. Those people looked absolutely miserable.

I am not sure which event I will do next...triathlon? Or marathon? We'll see...

-miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home