Last day at work!
Finally, it is here! My last day at work!
Can't believe it...seems like just yesterday I was telling my superiors that I was pregnant...
My coworkers are like family to me, as I've been with my company for almost 3 years. I will miss them very much, as I am not certain if or when I will return to work. I plan to be a stay-at-home mommy, if at all possible. Or at least split stay-at-home duties with Daddy. =0) Whatever we have to do to raise her ourselves. =0)
On a sad note: our dog Nalu, being the stinker he is, downed a whole container of dessert that contained raisins. Apparently grapes/raisins can be lethal to dogs. He was hospitalized for the last 24 hours and treated per the Animal Poison Control regimen for toxicity...thousands of dollars later, he is alive and doing well, with no signs of trouble...and I have the lovely task of administering the IV fluids to him here at home. Landon wasn't going to touch those needles. Thankfully I know something about human IVs, which helps, and I am very thankful the vet was willing to compromise with this home regimen, saving us major $$. It's a good thing I'm off of work now. I have to keep an even closer eye on that guy. I can't even begin to describe how awful I feel that this happened. It was completely my fault that this poor little guy nearly died...and I'm going to be a mom in just a few weeks! Ahh...my aching heart!
Hopefully all goes well and he will fully recover within the next few days, as will I, from the shock of this all...
I'm at 38 weeks now. Ready for baby to come! Surprised with all this stress about Nalu that she's not here yet...=0)
-miko
Can't believe it...seems like just yesterday I was telling my superiors that I was pregnant...
My coworkers are like family to me, as I've been with my company for almost 3 years. I will miss them very much, as I am not certain if or when I will return to work. I plan to be a stay-at-home mommy, if at all possible. Or at least split stay-at-home duties with Daddy. =0) Whatever we have to do to raise her ourselves. =0)
On a sad note: our dog Nalu, being the stinker he is, downed a whole container of dessert that contained raisins. Apparently grapes/raisins can be lethal to dogs. He was hospitalized for the last 24 hours and treated per the Animal Poison Control regimen for toxicity...thousands of dollars later, he is alive and doing well, with no signs of trouble...and I have the lovely task of administering the IV fluids to him here at home. Landon wasn't going to touch those needles. Thankfully I know something about human IVs, which helps, and I am very thankful the vet was willing to compromise with this home regimen, saving us major $$. It's a good thing I'm off of work now. I have to keep an even closer eye on that guy. I can't even begin to describe how awful I feel that this happened. It was completely my fault that this poor little guy nearly died...and I'm going to be a mom in just a few weeks! Ahh...my aching heart!
Hopefully all goes well and he will fully recover within the next few days, as will I, from the shock of this all...
I'm at 38 weeks now. Ready for baby to come! Surprised with all this stress about Nalu that she's not here yet...=0)
-miko

1 Comments:
At 1:43 AM ,
Unknown said...
Miko! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to meet your little one...Thanks for the updates. It's nice to "check in" every now and then! -_Franchi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home