Out and about with 2 girls...
Getting ready to leave the house has become a whole new experience for me. Before when it was just me, it seemed like I could plan everything out, including the time it would take, and then I just left the house, and got to where I needed to be just when I needed to be there.
Now - so not the same!
The time I plan to leave the house for an outing and the actual time I leave, are very different. I usually allow myself at least 30-45 minutes to prepare to leave, and I even pack some things the night before, but even that isn't enough. I thought it was tough with just Leila. But now with 2 kids, it takes me even longer! Without a doubt, right as I'm ready to leave, someone spits up, poops, or is crying about something. But, sooner or later, we do leave the house, and get to where we need to be, and most of the time, that place is something fun for the 2 girls, so I don't mind all the preparation/planning. I seem to have gotten a handle on how to get both girls out to places without it being a total fiasco. We've visited local shopping centers, museums, parks, water play areas, libraries, and everyone's favorite: Target! Talk about free entertainment: Leila could spend hours in the toy aisles there =0).
I love both of these girls so much, and even though I'm exhausted at the end of every single day, it's so worth it. Thank you God for the gift of motherhood!
Now - so not the same!
The time I plan to leave the house for an outing and the actual time I leave, are very different. I usually allow myself at least 30-45 minutes to prepare to leave, and I even pack some things the night before, but even that isn't enough. I thought it was tough with just Leila. But now with 2 kids, it takes me even longer! Without a doubt, right as I'm ready to leave, someone spits up, poops, or is crying about something. But, sooner or later, we do leave the house, and get to where we need to be, and most of the time, that place is something fun for the 2 girls, so I don't mind all the preparation/planning. I seem to have gotten a handle on how to get both girls out to places without it being a total fiasco. We've visited local shopping centers, museums, parks, water play areas, libraries, and everyone's favorite: Target! Talk about free entertainment: Leila could spend hours in the toy aisles there =0).
I love both of these girls so much, and even though I'm exhausted at the end of every single day, it's so worth it. Thank you God for the gift of motherhood!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home