March 16, 2006
Yikes! Where is the time going? I have failed to keep up with my blog postings...darn! Well, guess I'm going to just have to capture it all in this update...so here goes:
Update on Coach Lee's father: Lee's dad is in Houston, in the hospital, still awaiting a match for a bone marrow donor. If you are not on the marrow registry, please consider becoming one. Check out http://www.bonemarrowtest.com/ to find an upcoming marrow drive. Just click on "calendar of drives" on the left hand column and select "California" (leave the city blank). A whole list will come up. You could save a life!!!
Update on fundraising: THE GOAL HAS BEEN MET!!!! YAY! Thank you all...the support has been incredible and, even better, donations are still rolling in...
Update on training: we are now in week 9 of training. (Wait, seriously? It feels like week 99). Yesterday, Nalu and I tackled the extreme hill again, with my coach, and even though we had to walk half of it, we made it to the top! Gosh were we glad we did, because from there it was all downhill =). And, the view from the top of that hill in Whiting Ranch is just spectacular. Imagine a crisp, clear morning, sun just peeking out over the horizon...then being able to look out over South Orange County and see for miles...it was fantastic! I realized, also, that so much of that hill is mental. I mean, I had encountered some days last year where I just totally hit the wall mentally and physically, but wasn't really thinking about that this year...until this particular run, where my coach was just saying to me, hey, let it go, it's just a hill, you can do it...and he was right. As I've told many of you before, so much of endurance training is mental. So much. Just how you're feeling that particular day, that particular hour, that particular minute, can make or break your workout. There's so much you have to think about for a triathlon: training, scheduling time for training, equipment, nutrition, hydration, etc...the list goes on forever, and indeed it's a huge commitment to be a part of something like this. It can all be overwhelming. That day I had misplaced my gloves, couldn't find my toasty warm beanie, and forgot the garage door opener to let myself back in when I returned from the run, but still told myself that Nalu and I were going to get up that hill...and what do you know? We did. =)
Ooh, also, I wanted to mention that there's three local Team In Training fundraisers occurring in the next month:
1. Souplantation in Foothill Ranch on April 13
2. Rubios in Foothill Ranch on April 18
3. Cosmos in Aliso Viejo on March 28
Flyers are needed to make sure your payment for dining goes towards TNT, so please email me at miko@cox.net if you are able to make any of these events and I'll be sure you get a flyer.
In the meantime, keep checking out this blog for updates (even if I've been not so good about keeping up with this...forgive me!) and keep little Noah and all of us in your prayers...
Sayonara folks!
-e.m.y
Update on Coach Lee's father: Lee's dad is in Houston, in the hospital, still awaiting a match for a bone marrow donor. If you are not on the marrow registry, please consider becoming one. Check out http://www.bonemarrowtest.com/ to find an upcoming marrow drive. Just click on "calendar of drives" on the left hand column and select "California" (leave the city blank). A whole list will come up. You could save a life!!!
Update on fundraising: THE GOAL HAS BEEN MET!!!! YAY! Thank you all...the support has been incredible and, even better, donations are still rolling in...
Update on training: we are now in week 9 of training. (Wait, seriously? It feels like week 99). Yesterday, Nalu and I tackled the extreme hill again, with my coach, and even though we had to walk half of it, we made it to the top! Gosh were we glad we did, because from there it was all downhill =). And, the view from the top of that hill in Whiting Ranch is just spectacular. Imagine a crisp, clear morning, sun just peeking out over the horizon...then being able to look out over South Orange County and see for miles...it was fantastic! I realized, also, that so much of that hill is mental. I mean, I had encountered some days last year where I just totally hit the wall mentally and physically, but wasn't really thinking about that this year...until this particular run, where my coach was just saying to me, hey, let it go, it's just a hill, you can do it...and he was right. As I've told many of you before, so much of endurance training is mental. So much. Just how you're feeling that particular day, that particular hour, that particular minute, can make or break your workout. There's so much you have to think about for a triathlon: training, scheduling time for training, equipment, nutrition, hydration, etc...the list goes on forever, and indeed it's a huge commitment to be a part of something like this. It can all be overwhelming. That day I had misplaced my gloves, couldn't find my toasty warm beanie, and forgot the garage door opener to let myself back in when I returned from the run, but still told myself that Nalu and I were going to get up that hill...and what do you know? We did. =)
Ooh, also, I wanted to mention that there's three local Team In Training fundraisers occurring in the next month:
1. Souplantation in Foothill Ranch on April 13
2. Rubios in Foothill Ranch on April 18
3. Cosmos in Aliso Viejo on March 28
Flyers are needed to make sure your payment for dining goes towards TNT, so please email me at miko@cox.net if you are able to make any of these events and I'll be sure you get a flyer.
In the meantime, keep checking out this blog for updates (even if I've been not so good about keeping up with this...forgive me!) and keep little Noah and all of us in your prayers...
Sayonara folks!
-e.m.y

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home