the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

February 15, 2006

Hey folks,

The donations are starting to roll in! Thank you!!!! Keep ‘em coming!

Well, my friends, training has been going pretty well so far…I have to say that I’m using much less Ben-Gay and much less ice than last year at this time, yet I am still keeping plenty on hand because I’m only 2 weeks into the season. Who knows what kinds of mishaps await me? I nearly was run over by some newbies last week who apparently felt that it was very cool to pass us amidst a huge crowd of cyclists coming the other way in their same lane…not a good thing. Luckily, I remain intact…for now.

New update, though: a portion of our TNT tri team has chosen to do the Honolulu Triathlon. I originally didn’t opt to do this one, given that it was set for Memorial Day weekend and I’m already committed to watching one of my dearest friends walk down that grad school aisle at the University of San Diego on her way to FNP-stardom…however, they have moved the date to May 14, and I am in the process of coaxing my husband into paying for our flight there. Not only is the race taking place at the same swim and run locations that I use to train when I go to Honolulu for fun, but I have in-laws in Hawaii who are nice enough to provide free housing and free transportation, which will cut my costs to participate in this event BIG-TIME…thus here we have me wanting very much to go and do both this one and Maui. We shall see what the financially wise Landon has to say about this. We have a wedding for a friend, Tyler, in August, in Honolulu too, so if we make all of these trips, that will be 4 in the span of 8 months. One of Landon’s friends told me the Honolulu Marathon is in December…maybe I can make it 5 trips in the span of 1 year…maybe work some overtime to pay for all these trips!!!

The bike is in great shape still…going to attend a clinic tomorrow on basic bike maintenance, including minor tune-ups. I’m determined to get the max years out of this bike…sure paid enough for it! HA! Had an issue with the running shoes…Saucony Grid Hurricanes…a hole tore in the heel with less than 75 miles logged on those puppies and I had myself a pretty blister that I limped home with. Luckily Saucony is great, and they are willing to take them back and send me a brand new pair…in the meantime I’m giving Mizuno a shot to see how well they can perform for me and my very flat, narrow feet.

Nalu and I went out this morning, and he had some crazy energy flowing, which I thought was odd since he spent 11 hours yesterday at dog day care. It was tough for me because he was on the bed last night, and ended up sleeping practically on top of my face by about 2am, then felt necessary to warn us (LOUDLY I might add) about some noises he heard around 3 and 4am. Despite the lack of sleep, I forced myself out of bed and we did about 80 minutes on our regular trail. As soon as we got home, he plopped down on his doggie bed and went back to sleep…=) Yes, I was sure wishing I could plop down on my own bed, but alas, someone has to work to pay Nalu’s bills. HA! He is 44 pounds exactly now, and the new vet (old one moved away…very sad, Nalu loved him) said to expect him to only get to 60, not 100 like the original vet had predicted. Hallelujah! I do not want a 100 pound dog sleeping on my face. 60 pounds is bad enough.

Anyways, hope you all are well. Keep checking back with the blog and post any comments you want to. Or you can email me anytime at miko@cox.net. GO TEAM!

Adios!
-e.m.y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home