March 5, 2006
Yikes! Where have I been? I'm so late with this post...sorry!
Training is going very well... no major bike crashes and no major injuries to report from the Team (knock on wood). Yesterday was a group bike run out by Hicks Canyon, and today I made it through a 9-mile run around our neighborhood. This is the farthest I have ever gone before without stopping, and if I ever doubted the distance all I have to do is check in with that blister on my left foot. The coaches say to increase distance by no more than 10% every week, so slowly but surely I will get to longer distances...maybe one day I will do that marathon I've always wanted to do. =) This is huge for me, because I have never EVER been a runner. Those who have known me for a long time know I would have done anything to get out of suicides (b-ball line drills) and that crappy 1-mile run test you have to take in PE. And I honestly believed running would never help my volleyball game. Who knew this is where I'd be today?
Even though I enjoy running with Nalu, I do really love running on my own...it is my quiet time, if that makes any sense. Just the chance for me to check in with God, reevaluate the past week, think about life, etc...I thank God constantly for just being able to run, for so many people out in the world would like to, but can't.
My coach let me borrow this oh-so-cool nifty device from Garmin which looks like this mini computer on your wrist. It's a GPS system that tracks you and tells you how fast you're running, and how far. It is the coolest thing. There's even this little feature where you select your "running buddy" to run at a certain pace and through out your workout he tells you whether or not you're keeping up with him, if he's ahead, or if you're ahead. Awesome! Sure, it's only a $300 system, but my birthday is fast approaching and it's readily available on Ebay. Oh yes, I have emphasized that very much to Landon. =)
I am so close to my fundraising goal...we are at almost $4000!!!! Thank you all!!!
Here's a website you can go to for updates on our honored hero for this season, Noah Wehner.
http://www.caringbridge.org/ca/noahwehner/
It's a great little journal!
One more thing, I got a very generous donation from a good friend of mine, who is also an extremely talented musician. He just so happens to be married to another extremely talented and beautiful woman who is one of my dear friends from college. His name is Tyrone Wells, and she's Erin (formerly Chang) Wells, also known as Elina. PLEASE check out Tyrone's website at www.tyronewells.com, and also check out Erin at www.elinamusic.com.
That's about it for now. Keep the donations coming! We are almost there!!!
Adios!
-e.m.y.
Training is going very well... no major bike crashes and no major injuries to report from the Team (knock on wood). Yesterday was a group bike run out by Hicks Canyon, and today I made it through a 9-mile run around our neighborhood. This is the farthest I have ever gone before without stopping, and if I ever doubted the distance all I have to do is check in with that blister on my left foot. The coaches say to increase distance by no more than 10% every week, so slowly but surely I will get to longer distances...maybe one day I will do that marathon I've always wanted to do. =) This is huge for me, because I have never EVER been a runner. Those who have known me for a long time know I would have done anything to get out of suicides (b-ball line drills) and that crappy 1-mile run test you have to take in PE. And I honestly believed running would never help my volleyball game. Who knew this is where I'd be today?
Even though I enjoy running with Nalu, I do really love running on my own...it is my quiet time, if that makes any sense. Just the chance for me to check in with God, reevaluate the past week, think about life, etc...I thank God constantly for just being able to run, for so many people out in the world would like to, but can't.
My coach let me borrow this oh-so-cool nifty device from Garmin which looks like this mini computer on your wrist. It's a GPS system that tracks you and tells you how fast you're running, and how far. It is the coolest thing. There's even this little feature where you select your "running buddy" to run at a certain pace and through out your workout he tells you whether or not you're keeping up with him, if he's ahead, or if you're ahead. Awesome! Sure, it's only a $300 system, but my birthday is fast approaching and it's readily available on Ebay. Oh yes, I have emphasized that very much to Landon. =)
I am so close to my fundraising goal...we are at almost $4000!!!! Thank you all!!!
Here's a website you can go to for updates on our honored hero for this season, Noah Wehner.
http://www.caringbridge.org/ca/noahwehner/
It's a great little journal!
One more thing, I got a very generous donation from a good friend of mine, who is also an extremely talented musician. He just so happens to be married to another extremely talented and beautiful woman who is one of my dear friends from college. His name is Tyrone Wells, and she's Erin (formerly Chang) Wells, also known as Elina. PLEASE check out Tyrone's website at www.tyronewells.com, and also check out Erin at www.elinamusic.com.
That's about it for now. Keep the donations coming! We are almost there!!!
Adios!
-e.m.y.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home