the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

March 8, 2006

Great news folks....we are SOOOO close to the goal! Thanks to some very generous donations from my parents, my aunt Lori and Uncle Stephen, and a favorite family of mine from church, The Okadas...yours truly is almost there! I am so touched by the responses I've received from you all, and it's just as fantastic as last year!

Today was our regular Wednesday morning trail run with the team. About 15 minutes into the run, Nalu somehow got unhooked from his leash and took off after the people in front of him. He disappeared from sight, because the trails are curved and you can't always see what's up ahead. I didn't totally freak out, because he's run away before, but in this instance, I had to factor in the other creatures out there that would love to eat him for breakfast. He'd be one tasty little snack for a mountain lion. Thank God for the herding instinct in him because I soon found him up ahead, following right behind the others who were in front of us before. He saw me, then stopped and waited for me to catch up and just sat there wagging his tail at me, totally letting me put the leash back on, as though nothing was wrong. What a little stinker. We continued on and today, went a little further than usual. Of course, my coach didn't clue me in (I bet on purpose just to test my stamina) that the trail, beyond where we had gone before, was literally straight up hill for a mile or two, on a rocky dirt trail, and was actually mostly mud from the past week's rains...Nalu was looking at me like, yeah right, I am SO not going up that hill. He tugged in resistance the whole way, but I dragged him up, oh, probably another mile or so and just gave up and turned around. You all should have seen how fast he FLEW back down the hill.

Needless to say, we are both exhausted today and I still have to make it to swim practice tonight. Training for a triathlon is no small feat and the word "tired" sometimes doesn't even begin to describe how I feel...but it is still SO worth it and I know what we do at TNT changes lives. And, I also know that were it not for you all, I would not be able to do this, so THANK YOU!!!

Yours truly is turning 21, oops, I mean 28, on March 25, and I know I've talked to some of you already, but for the rest of you, we are having a little birthday shin-dig at the Yoshida house on 3/25 around 6pm, so drop me an email if you are interested in celebrating with us!

Ciao
-e.m.y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home