the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Monday, February 27, 2006

February 27, 2006



Friends and Family,

I have some heartbreaking news to report. Our honored hero from last TNT season, Elijah Shihad, passed away this morning at 3:30am. I received this email today from my campaign manager, Sarah.

***********************************************************************************
Dear 2005 WF/Maui Team,

Our hero, Elijah Shihad, passed away this morning at 3:30 AM.

His whole family was with him to say goodbye, and he was not in any pain.

Elijah has touched so many hearts with his smile and we thank the Shihad's for being so generous to share his life and spirit with us. They need our support with prayers and good thoughts now more than ever. I know they will treasure a card with your thoughts if you are able to send them a note.

The Shihad Family
43 Tradition Lane
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

I want to thank you all for your support to Elijah's family, and thank you all for doing your part to help us find a cure.

I'll be in touch soon with details about services as we hear more.

-Sarah

**********************************************************************************

I can't say what I feel right now. Words just can't do justice in this situation. This little guy was so special to all of us, and he was the main reason I stuck with TNT through all the difficult times last season, and it was through him that we TNT athletes bonded together with each other, with our coaches, and with our family and friends who supported us all the way to the finish line.

Should any of you feel compelled to write to the Shihad family, they would be more than honored to have your thoughts and prayers with them.

Sufficed to say, may we all remember to be thankful for each day we have...each special person in our life...each exciting moment we have... each breath we take...and, may Elijah rest in peace with the Lord.

-miko yoshida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home