the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Monday, February 20, 2006

February 20, 2006

OK, so I knew a day like today would come, I just was hoping it wouldn't come so soon. Today is the day where I find myself so sore that I can hardly walk, sit, or even lie down. I may have overdone it just a tad these last few days and boy, am I paying for it today. I am so thankful that I did not have to go to work today. I might not have been able to get into my chair in my cubicle.

Nalu is not happy with me today. He didn't get his run, and I was walking him so slow, he kept giving me the evil eye. I think he should cut me some slack. Don't you think?

I also cannot find my Bengay or Icy-Hot. Tore up the place like a madwoman looking for those things. They are in this house somewhere. Where? Don't know.

But, you know, this is just part of the training process. Which I've only now come to realize having done this before. There were many a day last season where I found myself in this exact same place with this same kind of pain. Sometimes you feel pain in places you never thought you could feel pain, or found strained muscles in places you didn't realize you had muscles in that could be strained. Eventually it got better. And I'm sure it will this time. I have to just keep telling myself that. And I have to keep telling myself that there's a little boy who's just one of millions suffering much worse today than I ever have in my entire life. What I'm going through now is nothing compared to what Noah goes through daily.

So, I am off to soak in my bathtub, then plunk myself down on the couch to watch "24" tonight (one of our favorite shows!) and then get to bed early. Got a big week of fun ahead of me!

Keep us all in your prayers, especially Noah & family, and Coach Lee & family.

Sayonara,
-e.m.y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home