February 9, 2006
So, we had our first Team in Training swim practice last night. Beautiful facility; Sierra Rec Center in Mission Viejo. I've got the same coach from last year, from whom I learned a great deal, so I'm very happy to get going with him. We had about a 20 person turnout, and even a few alumni like myself that did Maui and WF last year. We've got about 5 or 6 lanes too this year, which is great because last year all of us swimming folks were crammed into 3 lanes for drills and sets. Met some wonderful people who, even though sadly affected in their personal lives by leukemia or lymphoma, are truly dedicated to the cause and are just as excited about the season as I am.
Took Nalu on a run after practice last night since he hadn't had any major exercise all day. Even though I have to take extra precaution when I run at night, I really do enjoy late evening runs in addition to morning runs. I was surprised to find that Nalu is actually keeping pace with me, or is ahead of me, for almost the entire run. Not only that, but he's now purposefully moving himself to the whatever side of me is closest to the street, as we make our twists and turns on the route, and even seems to know the route by heart now, so if I take a different turn, he'll look at me like, hey, wait, that's not where we normally go! And the second I stop, to fix my shoe or take a breath, he stops and looks back at me as if to say, what's wrong with you? And if I'm not up and running again in a few seconds, I have to be sure I avoid the slobbering tongue telling me to HURRY UP!!!! I have to say as crazy as it is, running with him is motivating in a way...he seems to love it...I'll never outrun that puppy ('cause boy is he fast) but it is sure fun to try.
Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Our only day off from training! Hope you've all had a chance to get updated on the blog. Keep your comments coming, it's so good to hear from people!
Adios for now!
-emy
Took Nalu on a run after practice last night since he hadn't had any major exercise all day. Even though I have to take extra precaution when I run at night, I really do enjoy late evening runs in addition to morning runs. I was surprised to find that Nalu is actually keeping pace with me, or is ahead of me, for almost the entire run. Not only that, but he's now purposefully moving himself to the whatever side of me is closest to the street, as we make our twists and turns on the route, and even seems to know the route by heart now, so if I take a different turn, he'll look at me like, hey, wait, that's not where we normally go! And the second I stop, to fix my shoe or take a breath, he stops and looks back at me as if to say, what's wrong with you? And if I'm not up and running again in a few seconds, I have to be sure I avoid the slobbering tongue telling me to HURRY UP!!!! I have to say as crazy as it is, running with him is motivating in a way...he seems to love it...I'll never outrun that puppy ('cause boy is he fast) but it is sure fun to try.
Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Our only day off from training! Hope you've all had a chance to get updated on the blog. Keep your comments coming, it's so good to hear from people!
Adios for now!
-emy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home