So, we're almost to the end of February, and we've had 3 main team practices since the start of the season. Each of our team practices consists of what is known as a "brick" workout, which is nothing more than a bike ride followed immediately by a run. I don't know about you guys, but I think they call it that because that's what your legs feel like when you are new to this sport and you get off your bike and try to run...total bricks...like major lead weights are attached to your ankles. I can still recall the first time I attempted to do this, and I distinctly recall not being able to walk the next day. It was brutal. I even have to say, that the day after my marathon last October was not as bad as the day after the first brick workout I ever did back in 2005. Thank goodness I've been able to keep up the training, so the soreness isn't nearly as bad now.
Last Saturday we were in Irvine and rode the Peters Canyon trail all the way to the beach. I have to say, there are some pretty nifty cyclists on the team this year. And there's some people who must have a lot of extra cash hanging around because some of those sweet rides I saw out there are at least $3000-$4000....easily. I think some of those advanced people actually made it all the way out to Corona Del Mar in the 90 minutes we had to ride. FAST!
After our bike ride we ran for 3-4 miles and then hung out as a team to socialize and talk triathlon. Our head coaches have a really nice place near the park where we practiced, so they made us a full-on waffles, eggs, homemade hashbrown breakfast...and if any of you know endurance athletes, you know we can EAT. I'm not someone who totally loves to eat, but I know that if I don't, I'm toast out there on the trails/roads. In fact, I don't think I've eaten throughout 1 day as frequently as I do since I joined this sport. Believe me, I'm not complaining, and Landon loves it.
I'm up to $1000 in fundraising so far, so a BIG THANKS goes out to all of you who have donated so far. I'm 1/5 the way there, people, so keep the donations coming, and I promise to keep working hard...
GO TEAM!
Miko
Last Saturday we were in Irvine and rode the Peters Canyon trail all the way to the beach. I have to say, there are some pretty nifty cyclists on the team this year. And there's some people who must have a lot of extra cash hanging around because some of those sweet rides I saw out there are at least $3000-$4000....easily. I think some of those advanced people actually made it all the way out to Corona Del Mar in the 90 minutes we had to ride. FAST!
After our bike ride we ran for 3-4 miles and then hung out as a team to socialize and talk triathlon. Our head coaches have a really nice place near the park where we practiced, so they made us a full-on waffles, eggs, homemade hashbrown breakfast...and if any of you know endurance athletes, you know we can EAT. I'm not someone who totally loves to eat, but I know that if I don't, I'm toast out there on the trails/roads. In fact, I don't think I've eaten throughout 1 day as frequently as I do since I joined this sport. Believe me, I'm not complaining, and Landon loves it.
I'm up to $1000 in fundraising so far, so a BIG THANKS goes out to all of you who have donated so far. I'm 1/5 the way there, people, so keep the donations coming, and I promise to keep working hard...
GO TEAM!
Miko

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home