April 10, 2006
Hey folks,
Way too much time has passed since my last post...I am sorry! I'm just recovering from an exciting weekend in Fresno, California. Well, maybe not so much as exciting, but it was for the wedding of a good friend, so I kept myself positive despite having to drive through all that...well, nothing, on the 5 and the 99 freeways. I did get to go on a spectacular run Sunday morning in a park somewhere in the middle of nowhere. That was fabulous. I should probably have not had as much to drink the night before because the dehydration factor was kicking in big time by about 30 minutes into the run, but it was a wedding, so I indulged...just a bit.
Today is April 10, which means I have just a little over a month to go until race day. I can't believe it. I feel less prepared this time, but maybe that' s just mental. I should feel better by virtue of having crossed the finish line at one of these races before, but somehow I'm not always "feeling it" in terms of my preparedness. But, I will persevere, and will get myself to Honolulu and across that finish line for all those patients and families that we've come this far for. No updates on Coach Lee's dad yet, but I'll keep you all posted.
I'm heading out to Corona del Mar tomorrow evening to get in an ocean swim. Even though I'll have to don my wetsuit, (Hawaii races = sans wetsuit) it will still be good practice to be in the open water. Last year we had quite a few people who set foot in the ocean only on race day. Not a good thing. Even if you can see to the bottom, which you could in Maui, the whole open water effect can be frightening and paralyzing if you haven't experienced it before. Believe me. I know. I was there. Luckily we'll get about 4 more chances in addition to tomorrow, to get in the ocean and practice. I'm so excited!
Landon and Nalu are doing well...Nalu is almost a year old, and is still my best running partner. Landon has even offered to join us!!!! Haven't seen it yet, but it will be so fun to go out, all 3 of us together.
So, fundraising is done, I've got all the equipment I need....I just need to get to Hawaii safely and cross that finish line. Keep the Team in your prayers...in addition to us Honolulu folks, a huge group is heading to Lake San Antonio on May 6 for the Wildflower Tri, and the other group heads to Maui for the June 11 King's Trail Triathlon...we're working hard!
GO TEAM!
-e.m.y
Way too much time has passed since my last post...I am sorry! I'm just recovering from an exciting weekend in Fresno, California. Well, maybe not so much as exciting, but it was for the wedding of a good friend, so I kept myself positive despite having to drive through all that...well, nothing, on the 5 and the 99 freeways. I did get to go on a spectacular run Sunday morning in a park somewhere in the middle of nowhere. That was fabulous. I should probably have not had as much to drink the night before because the dehydration factor was kicking in big time by about 30 minutes into the run, but it was a wedding, so I indulged...just a bit.
Today is April 10, which means I have just a little over a month to go until race day. I can't believe it. I feel less prepared this time, but maybe that' s just mental. I should feel better by virtue of having crossed the finish line at one of these races before, but somehow I'm not always "feeling it" in terms of my preparedness. But, I will persevere, and will get myself to Honolulu and across that finish line for all those patients and families that we've come this far for. No updates on Coach Lee's dad yet, but I'll keep you all posted.
I'm heading out to Corona del Mar tomorrow evening to get in an ocean swim. Even though I'll have to don my wetsuit, (Hawaii races = sans wetsuit) it will still be good practice to be in the open water. Last year we had quite a few people who set foot in the ocean only on race day. Not a good thing. Even if you can see to the bottom, which you could in Maui, the whole open water effect can be frightening and paralyzing if you haven't experienced it before. Believe me. I know. I was there. Luckily we'll get about 4 more chances in addition to tomorrow, to get in the ocean and practice. I'm so excited!
Landon and Nalu are doing well...Nalu is almost a year old, and is still my best running partner. Landon has even offered to join us!!!! Haven't seen it yet, but it will be so fun to go out, all 3 of us together.
So, fundraising is done, I've got all the equipment I need....I just need to get to Hawaii safely and cross that finish line. Keep the Team in your prayers...in addition to us Honolulu folks, a huge group is heading to Lake San Antonio on May 6 for the Wildflower Tri, and the other group heads to Maui for the June 11 King's Trail Triathlon...we're working hard!
GO TEAM!
-e.m.y

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home