New Season of Team in Training!


Yikes...where has time gone?
So, Christmas came and went, and I can hardly believe it's almost 2007.
2006 has been good to Landon and I.
Some highlights:
Some highlights:
-Joining Saddleback Church
-Our involvement with Michael Chang's Christian Sports League (CSL)
-Meeting new friends through our involvement with CSL
-Helping family and friends discover Christ through CSL and our church activities
-Finishing 2 Olympic-distance triathlons in my 2nd and 3rd seasons with Team in Training
-Finishing my first half-marathon (Saddleback Half Marathon in Laguna Hills)
-Finishing my first marathon (the Long Beach Marathon) and breaking down into tears of joy as I crossed the finish line
-Surviving what doctors thought was a stress fracture of the left foot, by hobbling around in an air boot/cast thing, and luckily discovering that it was NOT a stress fracture
-Surviving the initial year of Nalu's life with some of our valuables and household structures still intact
-Having my family there to celebrate many of my races this year
-First cruise ever, taken with my sisters, to Ensenada
-Thanksgiving in Vegas
-New Year's camping trip
And, even though I thought I was done with TNT, I think I'm going to go for one more season. Landon prefers Hawaii, as do I, so we're most likely headed to Maui for the King's Trail Tri 6/10/07. I may try the half-Ironman in Sonoma County this coming July 2007. We'll see how that goes with this not-so-up-to-par left foot of mine. If not, I may sign up for a bunch of smaller races. I thought about doing another marathon, but I tell you, after I crossed that finish line I swore I'd never do it again...but now that we're about 4 months out, I'm starting to maybe...just maybe consider it. One of the physicians I work closely with is training for the LA Marathon in March and hearing him talk about his training is exciting...especially hearing about the 20 milers and how many he is able to do.....it almost, ALMOST makes me want to try again....Landon must think I'm totally crazy for wanting to do it again.
Nalu and I are only up to about 6 miles so far, post-injury...hope we can increase that soon. In the meantime, Landon and I are having to get creative with our modes of exercise for him. If we had a treadmill at home you can bet Nalu would be strapped to that sucker 3 hours/day.
Stay tuned to this blog: this season will be the best yet for Team in Training!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home