the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Monday, May 01, 2006

May 1, 2006

It is May already!!!!!!!

Yikes! Where did the time go? My race is in 13 days and I am definitely not as nervous as I was last year. At least I know what to expect this time around, and at the very least, I will be in Hawaii!!!

Life has been crazy lately, as we count down to race day, but I'm still going strong. We're in the taper portion of training, meaning we finally get to back down from all the tough workouts we've been doing. YAY! It feels weird to not be working out as much, but for sure, it's a real important part of training. We had our BBQ party last weekend to wish our Wildflower athletes well as they compete this weekend in their event. About 1/3 of our team is heading to that event. Only 6 of us are going to Honolulu with our 3 coaches, and the rest of the team is going to the event I did last year. Wish I could do Maui again, but I think it will be great to try a new event and have family/friends there at the finish line to cheer for me.

After I get back from Honolulu, I get a few more days to rest at home, and I do plan to indulge before hitting the trails again to get ready for my first half-marathon. Memorial Day, 5/28/06, is the event, and I'm really excited. I've worked hard to get my long run up to 12 miles, and I just hope I can cross the finish line. It was tough because I was doing a separate training schedule on my own in addition to the triathlon training, so race day will be the test to see how well I did. And, I'm pretty sure I will be joining Team in Training next season to compete in my first half-Ironman event, of which the run portion is a half-marathon, so I guess this is good preparation for me. I'm a little intimidated about doing that long an event, (1.5 mile swim / 56 mile bike / 13.1 mile run) but it's all to save lives. It's about them, not about me. =0).

So, wish me luck and keep all of us in your prayers on Sunday 5/14/06 as we race to save lives!!!!

Adios!
-e.m.y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home