the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

September 27, 2006


How did I go this long without updating the blog? Yikes!

In the time that has passed since I last wrote, I completed another triathlon with Team in Training. I finished the Pacific Grove Tri on 9/9/06. It was a beautiful course, and even though I was 10 minutes slower finishing than in Honolulu, I still had an incredible time. The water was freezing cold, and there was enough kelp out there to make me think I might not be able to make it through the swim course. However, the best part about this tri was that I had my entire family there to support me, including the dog. This was the first time my parents and my sisters had seen me compete in a triathlon. The course was set up such that we made loops on the swim, the bike, and the run, so I was able to run past my cheering section multiple times!

Anyway, I have some pretty big news. Team in Training is forming a team to compete in an Ironman race next year. The IRONTEAM! I have not yet fully committed yet; Landon and I are praying hard about it. Significant time commitment involved, big time. We will keep you posted! In the meantime, email me if you want to see some pix from the tri at miko@cox.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home