April 1, 2006
Hey all-
Happy April Fools' Day...or maybe it's not such a happy day since we lose 1 hour of sleep tonight...but on the positive side, it will now be lighter...longer! That means fun workouts in the afternoons/evenings with many, many opportunities to view beautiful Orange County sunsets!
The rain has been here off and on this last week. Makes it pretty tough to get in workouts as scheduled, but I've been splitting time between the gym and the pool indoors to try to keep up. This week's long run was 11 miles. My legs are SO tired today. Let's see...today is April 1, which means I only have 1.5 months more until race day! Yikes! Last year I had almost a full 6 months, and this year I'll have a little over 4 months. No wonder time feels like it's been flying by... and no wonder I don't feel as prepared! I did take a few days rest to recover from some stinky stomach flu bug that came right after my 28th birthday...luckily it passed quickly and I was back to normal in no time.
Little Noah is doing great. His T-ball league is in full swing, and there's hope that he may make it to a practice before our Honolulu race day. Not such good news for Dr. Walker, though. (Coach Lee's dad). See email below from our team manager Sarah:
***********************************************************************************
Update on Lee’s Dad: For the most recent updates, visit www.medicalstaffoffice.com/ and click on the top line that says "updates on Dr. Michael Walker". I know you all understand the very crucial need to find Dr. Walker and so many other patients a bone marrow match, and I appreciate all of you that have registered at the various drives (check http://www.bonemarrowtest.com/ to see even more coming up!) This week's challenge is more immediate though, in that Lee's Dad needs platelet donations to get his blood in the condition it needs to be in to receive a central venous line. If you have any friends or family in the Houston area, we encourage you to call them and ask them to donate (it takes a little more time than a blood donation, but is even less taxing on your body than donating blood is). Don't know anyone in Houston but still want to help? Make an appointment to donate locally and know your platelets are going to help someone else's dad, husband or otherwise. (http://www.socalredcross.org/ and click on "donate blood-apheresis") Thanks all of you for your support and prayers for the Walkers!
*********************************************************************************
Please keep Dr. Walker, Lee, and the family in your prayers...they sure will need them. I hope to make it to a bone marrow drive within the next 2 weeks. Who knows? I may be a match for someone....you might be a match too! Check out that site!
Landon is doing well...and so is Nalu. Nalu is almost a year old now, but still hasn't calmed down at all. Good thing he enjoys running. Depleting all that energy through running has saved many of my household items...except my favorite fuzzy slippers. Their life ended at the hands of Nalu about 3 days ago. Don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but during our recent trip to the vet it was discovered that Nalu had dropped a significant # of pounds...we had him shaved recently and we thought he looked skinny but attributed it to the loss of the shaggy coat that he had...didn't think that he'd actually lost weight but indeed, he had. Not that it seemed to bother him...he has been totally healthy...Needless to say we have increased his food to compensate for his 4-5x/week runs...oops. I was a bad doggy mom. I think the vet freaked me out with all those lectures about pet obesity being rampant in today's day and age...Nalu forgives me. Thank goodness...won't let that happen again...
Well, folks, I'm off to go clean the house on this rainy Saturday afternoon. Gotta get everything done before 3pm when the NCAA Final Four starts!!!! Hope you all are well...
Adios-
e.m.y
Happy April Fools' Day...or maybe it's not such a happy day since we lose 1 hour of sleep tonight...but on the positive side, it will now be lighter...longer! That means fun workouts in the afternoons/evenings with many, many opportunities to view beautiful Orange County sunsets!
The rain has been here off and on this last week. Makes it pretty tough to get in workouts as scheduled, but I've been splitting time between the gym and the pool indoors to try to keep up. This week's long run was 11 miles. My legs are SO tired today. Let's see...today is April 1, which means I only have 1.5 months more until race day! Yikes! Last year I had almost a full 6 months, and this year I'll have a little over 4 months. No wonder time feels like it's been flying by... and no wonder I don't feel as prepared! I did take a few days rest to recover from some stinky stomach flu bug that came right after my 28th birthday...luckily it passed quickly and I was back to normal in no time.
Little Noah is doing great. His T-ball league is in full swing, and there's hope that he may make it to a practice before our Honolulu race day. Not such good news for Dr. Walker, though. (Coach Lee's dad). See email below from our team manager Sarah:
***********************************************************************************
Update on Lee’s Dad: For the most recent updates, visit www.medicalstaffoffice.com/ and click on the top line that says "updates on Dr. Michael Walker". I know you all understand the very crucial need to find Dr. Walker and so many other patients a bone marrow match, and I appreciate all of you that have registered at the various drives (check http://www.bonemarrowtest.com/ to see even more coming up!) This week's challenge is more immediate though, in that Lee's Dad needs platelet donations to get his blood in the condition it needs to be in to receive a central venous line. If you have any friends or family in the Houston area, we encourage you to call them and ask them to donate (it takes a little more time than a blood donation, but is even less taxing on your body than donating blood is). Don't know anyone in Houston but still want to help? Make an appointment to donate locally and know your platelets are going to help someone else's dad, husband or otherwise. (http://www.socalredcross.org/ and click on "donate blood-apheresis") Thanks all of you for your support and prayers for the Walkers!
*********************************************************************************
Please keep Dr. Walker, Lee, and the family in your prayers...they sure will need them. I hope to make it to a bone marrow drive within the next 2 weeks. Who knows? I may be a match for someone....you might be a match too! Check out that site!
Landon is doing well...and so is Nalu. Nalu is almost a year old now, but still hasn't calmed down at all. Good thing he enjoys running. Depleting all that energy through running has saved many of my household items...except my favorite fuzzy slippers. Their life ended at the hands of Nalu about 3 days ago. Don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but during our recent trip to the vet it was discovered that Nalu had dropped a significant # of pounds...we had him shaved recently and we thought he looked skinny but attributed it to the loss of the shaggy coat that he had...didn't think that he'd actually lost weight but indeed, he had. Not that it seemed to bother him...he has been totally healthy...Needless to say we have increased his food to compensate for his 4-5x/week runs...oops. I was a bad doggy mom. I think the vet freaked me out with all those lectures about pet obesity being rampant in today's day and age...Nalu forgives me. Thank goodness...won't let that happen again...
Well, folks, I'm off to go clean the house on this rainy Saturday afternoon. Gotta get everything done before 3pm when the NCAA Final Four starts!!!! Hope you all are well...
Adios-
e.m.y

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home