the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Ahh...Friday again, and this time, a better one. Thank goodness.

Work has been somewhat stressful lately, and when you add that to the tough training we're going through, recovering from the crash...oh, and the bike tire I managed to puncture and subsequently needed to pay $60 to replace....well, I guess you can say I'm pretty wiped out today. Nursing can be very emotionally draining. No matter what type of nursing you do, or where you practice, it's easy to take all the highs/lows/joys/frustrations home with you...I guess you could tell from the look on my face today how this week has been, because I got a nice big hug today from the pediatrician I work with. He must have known it was one of those weeks.

I wanted to mention to you all, on a sad note, that I found out today a very good friend was diagnosed with cancer. A YOUNG friend. A HEALTHY friend. So he thought. Treasure those moments with those you love. Seriously. You never know. It can happen to any of us. At any given time. Certainly anything I’ve had to endure this week pales in comparison to what he and his family are experiencing.

On a more positive note, I’m almost at $3000 for my fundraising and the Team overall, this season, is up to $50,000!!! What a difference we are making already!!! Keep those donations coming folks, I know I’m just one of the thousands who appreciate your contributions.

If you have an honored hero in your life who has dealt with cancer, and you’d like their name on my jersey, PLEASE email it to me at miko@cox.net. I’d love to be able to honor him or her on race day.

We’re headed out to Santiago Canyon this weekend and I hear it will be in the 90s. Can you believe that? 90s in March!

Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour this weekend!!!

GO TEAM!
-Miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home