
So today has not been the greatest day in the life of this triathlete...had a bad crash this morning on the bike and am still a bit shocked/stunned from it. Needless to say: triathlon has its inherent perils, just like any other endurance sport...this morning I was almost was hit by a car, lost the chain on my bike, got a nasty road rash, and trashed my favorite cycling clothes in the process...but praise God I am alive and that I lived to tell about it! I'm not feeling it now, but I know tomorrow I will be feeling it...and I'm bummed because we have Team practice tomorrow morning. I'll need to take it easy tomorrow...It was quite a sight to see me try to take a shower and wash my hair with palms and fingers torn up by road rash...I had to spend oh, maybe 15 minutes or so digging all the dirt and rocks out of my lacerations....not fun. But, it pales in comparison to what people with blood cancers have to endure...indeed.
On a brighter note, the fundraising response has been awesome! You guys ROCK! I am already up to $2000, which means, folks, we need $3000 more to pour in before June or yours truly will not be heading to Maui....so if you haven't donated yet, consider supporting this amazing cause, and if you can, spread the word to as many people as you can, to help me meet this fundraising goal and make a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients....
GO TEAM!
Miko

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home