


www.active.com/donate/tntors/miko2maui
Ahh....I survived the canyon! Managed to escape without crashing, but couldn't escape the sun. The nice burn on my back is evidence that I clearly underestimated the amount of sunscreen I would need that early in the morning. We rode 20 miles in the canyon, then ran about 3 miles into Peters Canyon Trail, which is close to Orange/Anaheim Hills. I was curious to see how far back the trail went, so once practice was over my coach and I ran another 4-5 miles further in. It's a great hiking trail. Saw tons of people with dogs and even a couple of people on horseback. If there's one thing I love about Orange County, it's our amazing outdoors here. We have some of the most incredibly challenging, yet scenic routes to traverse, whether by bike, by foot, or horseback...and many are within very reasonable distances from where Landon and I live.
Thought you might want to see what TNT practice is like, so I put up a few photos. We change sites every week, to experience all Orange County has to offer triathletes. We always start off practice with a welcome, news, and updates to the Team fundraising. After our workout we stretch together, and sometimes just hang out for a while after we're done. I've met some wonderful people through TNT and each season I'm blessed to meet many more.
It was 90 degrees today, and it will be the same tomorrow! In March!
Adios,
Miko

1 Comments:
At 7:53 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Meekoooooo!!!! (as my darling daughter would say)
I finally made it on to your website my dear and your written words are so inspiring!! Is that our open book-fearless leader Derek I see in that pic??? Congrats on your AMAZING physical and financial fundraising accomplishments. I'm so happy to have your friendship. How great is it that our careers made it possible to meet? :-) So here are my warm fuzzies coming your way and a donation. I wish you the best of luck! You and Landon are always on the prayer list!! love, Jenny and Kaylin Manio
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home