39 weeks...still...

Just wanted to give a shout-out to our friend Tommy, who is an extremely gifted photographer. He took a couple shots of us in front of the Montage in Laguna Beach, one of which you see here. Please check out his website if you have the chance:
As for baby Yosh, she is just still hanging out in my tummy...Not much to report.
No signs of labor whatsoever. Therefore, as I've said before, I am enjoying this time to myself as much as possible. Everyone has so wisely advised I make the best of this time, as I won't have it again. So, I'm doing just that. Here are some of the things that I have done to keep myself busy:
1. Sleep. As much as possible
2. Washed all of baby's clothes, folded and organized everything for her
3. Figured out how to use the fabulous baby sling my BFF Amy MADE FOR ME!
4. Figured out how to use the Baby Bjorn
5. Started filling the diaper bag with essentials
6. Put up the safety bumper on the crib and put clean sheets on the mattress
7. Figured out how to use the baby monitor
8. Prepped the bathroom with all the baby accessories for her first sponge baths
9. Figured out how to use the baby jogger and the regular stroller
10. Met with the CHP to learn how to properly install and use the infant car seat in both cars
11. Started cooking some meals and using our new Food Saver to freeze them for later
12. Walked Nalu miles around the neighborhood. I think he is a very happy dog these days.
13. Laundry. Plenty of it!
14. Finished any errand that Landon needs done
15. Cruised around the local malls. Not buying anything, just there to walk to get some exercise in an air conditioned space. There are so many moms and kids in the malls during the weekday afternoons!
16. Read the baby books I got as gifts. Actually, I'm doing quite a bit of reading these days. I read "Raising Baby Green" which is great, and the Dr. Sears Baby Book. I've finished "What to Expect While Expecting" and am on to "What to Expect The First Year".
17. Organized the home office
18. Created the phone tree for when baby is born
19. Worked on my scrapbooking
20. Attended water aerobics classes and yoga classes at the gym. Met new friends there.
21. And the rest of the time, just I just lounge in my glider, listening to Hawaiian slack key music. My new favorite. Next to the Baby Einstein CDs I got as gifts.
Will keep you all posted! Thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes!
-miko

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home