the yoshida family

The Yoshida Family happenings = what's hot, what's not, and everything in-between.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

No progress!

Well folks, we visited the OB today and guess what: no progress whatsoever. Same as the last 3 times we went there: 1 cm. Nothing more.

So, she scheduled an induction for 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY! Just on the brink of week 42, which is the absolute latest they let you be pregnant, thank the Lord. This would be an elective induction, meaning I agree to let them artificially push me into labor, and clinically it can't be done before week 41 unless there is a medical reason. And, as it turns out, I have no good medical reason to do it any earlier than 2 weeks from now. I'm just your average regular pregnant lady. Which is a beautiful blessing from the Lord in and of itself, that there have been no problems, don't get me wrong....I just feel like I've been waiting forever to meet her and I'm ready...so where is she???? My OB tells me that 60% of her patients that get scheduled for an induction end up going into labor on their own, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up as that other 40% who don't...In any case, if nothing happens until then, at least we know when her birthday will be!

Keep us in your prayers, and anyone who wants to visit me here at home, PLEASE let me know! I could use the company!

-miko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home